Day 46: But the Thief . . .

I am learning. I'm learning to always be aware of this enemy of mine. Aware that he walks alongside me each day, waiting for the exact right moment to destroy me.

Enemies are like that. Sometimes they just stand right out in the open, daring you to engage. But most of the time, they lie in wait, choosing the perfect moment to inflict the greatest amount of damage.

This enemy of mine practices both strategies. He makes no secret of the fact that he exists. He makes no secret of the fact that he is waiting to wound me, distract me, destroy me.

I find it odd that although I know he exists, and although I can identify him, I go through life unprepared for his onslaughts.

All that to say, I must constantly remind myself that I have an enemy, and he does not have flesh and blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. I look forward to hearing from you.