Day 58: Comfort Food

I am making a family cookbook. I decided to do this because my sister-in-law made a cookbook for her daughters, and I thought it was a brilliant idea.

I loved the idea of a cookbook that include not only the recipes from my husband's side of the family, but all the ones from my side of the family as well. I'm calling it "Generations of Comfort."

I have spent the last 2 weeks uploading all of the recipes I have personally collected over the years. I was astounded at how many of them I have, and even more surprised by the ones I am pretty sure I have never cooked!

I have to say, I'm pretty excited that the family recipe's are starting to slowly roll in. When I open my email and my inbox has a recipe in it, it's so fun. It's like Christmas!

I'm thinking that once I get it all put together and published, I might cook through the cookbook, Julie and Julia style. Sort of an "ode to my family" thing.

All that to say, food and family. Two of my favorite things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. I look forward to hearing from you.