Day 48: Opportunity Knocks

I watched this movie once called "Evan Almighty." In the movie, God is having a conversation with a woman over a good plate of barbeque. She is not happy with God because her family has broken up, and all this AFTER she prayed and asked God to help her family love each other better.

God says something to her along the lines of, "If you pray for me to make you more patient, I'm going to give you opportunities to be patient. You prayed for your family to love each other better, and I gave you the opportunity to love each other better."

I have been praying lately to be more forgiving. To forgive as Jesus did. So what has God done to answer that prayer? (The answer seems obvious, doesn't it?)

All that to say, be careful what you ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. I look forward to hearing from you.