Day 65: I'm Still Spinning

I still have vertigo. Four days in bed did nothing to speed me along in my recovery, so today, I am up and about. I drove to work, which wasn't nearly as harrowing as I thought it would be. Actually, of all the things I have done, driving seemed to cause the least amount of dizziness and spinning. Hmmmmm.

Anyway, I showered today, and other than the spinning sensation I had while washing my hair, I found that as long as I held onto the wall with one hand, showering was a much easier task than I thought it would be. Blow drying my hair however, not so much. I think it's because you have to do it while looking in a mirror, which automatically causes your brain to have to work a little harder (since you are seeing everything in reverse). So I had a few falling over mishaps while doing my hair.

The weirdest thing about vertigo is that my eyes look BIZARRE. My pupils are tiny and my eyes seem to move back and forth rapidly (a condition called nystagmus . . . yes, I have spent too much time on the internet exploring this condition, but what else was I supposed to do for FOUR days!) So, in order to try to get my environment to STOP moving, apparently I open my eyes really wide which makes me look like a mad woman!

All that to say, I hope this goes away soon. I am a mess. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. I look forward to hearing from you.