Day 49: Mi Familia



First of all, I don't know why my title is in Spanish. I don't actually speak Spanish, but it's what came to my brain, so there you go.

Last night, my family and I celebrated Jacob's 24th birthday together in our usual Jones family tradition, with a meal. Seems like a lot of our celebrations involve some sort of food . . . hmmmmm.

Our tradition is that the birthday boy or girl gets to choose their birthday meal. It doesn't have to be at a restaurant, but more often than not over the past few years, it has been at a restaurant. My birthday is in a few months, and I was already declaring the restaurant of choice for my birthday! Zack was too!

But for Jacob's 24th, we went to Perry's Steakhouse and Grille. Jacob did some homework before we got there and knew what wine we should order and even a specialty dessert that isn't on the menu! He combined the "Nutty D'Angelo" with "Bananas Foster." So yummy. Several waiters came over and watched while it was being made and declared they would have to try it! (Plus since it is the cost of TWO desserts, if they can get their customers to order it, their tip goes up!)



As birthday celebrations go, it was really a nice evening. Usually there are friends or girlfriends along, but this year, it was just the four of us. We had great conversation, no heated debates, no lectures about eating what you order, just a great night. When we left, we took the usual birthday pictures. Sadly, the one I took is blurry. :( It would have been a great shot!



When we left the restaurant, Mike said, "That was nice. It was like a bunch of grown-ups having dinner together." :) Imagine that.

All that to say, te amo mi familia. Sure hope that's how you say it!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you guys enjoyed a fun evening. I must admonish you in one area, however. Fruit does not belong in a dessert. Chocolate does. What could have been a perfect night was slightly tarnished in my book. I try to live by my own motto: Jesus is the Answer, but chocolate helps.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I look forward to hearing from you.