Day 32: Unexpected

I was sitting in my office this afternoon, head down, door closed, fingers going ninety to nothing on my laptop when I heard a tap at my door. I looked up, thinking it was someone who wanted to interrupt my incredibly important productivity (sad, but true), said "Come in" in a most uninviting tone of voice, and then smiled to see that it was my oldest son, Zack.

What a great and unexpected surprise. I don't know why, but it just made me smile a bit and made my day seem a bit brighter. He didn't stay long, just popped in to say "hi" and then was out. But nonetheless, it was nice.

All that to say, I guess unexpected surprise is a redundant term. :) Maybe next time my unexpected surprise will come with a Sonic Sweet Tea in hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. I look forward to hearing from you.