Day 28: Moses

I am reading the One Year Bible, along with hundreds of other people in our church. Our Pastor challenged us all to "meet God daily in His Word." His purpose in asking us to do this wasn't so we could become SUPERCHRISTIANS, able to check a box on our spiritual scorecard each day. It was so we could grow closer to God, understanding Him more because we have read His journal, loving Him more because we have read His thoughts, and joys, and disappointments.

So, I chose to read the Chronological version of the One Year Bible, though I was warned that in this format it can be a little "dry." For the past few days, I have been reading about the life of Moses, his battle against the evil Pharaoh, and his traveling with the people in the wilderness.

Today, (the reading was Exodus 16:1-19:25) I read that after the Israelites had been in the wilderness for 40 years, Moses' father-in-law brought Moses' wife and family to him. Hold the bus! Moses was without his family for 40+ years while he was doing all this work God had called him to? Am I reading this right?

So I went back and re-read this. If this version I am reading is Chronological, and all the "let my people go" and "talking to God on the Mountain" and "Manna" and "traveling in the wilderness" days happened first, then that must mean Moses' family was returned to him after that.

All that to say, I don't even know what to think about that. Someone help me out here, is that for real? Is that really the chronological order of things? And if it is, I have a lot of other questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. I look forward to hearing from you.