Day 151: I Do What I Want

In honor of "I Do What I Want" day, I want to point out that I am aware of several grammatical errors in my previous post (Day 150) and I am not even going to change them because . . . I Do What I Want. (And I'm also not going to put a comma in the above sentence, even though grammatical convention demands I do so. Because, I Do What I Want.)

Both girls are well and at school. Day 3 of my vacation and all my undone items on my to do list are beckoning me. But I say to you Mr. To Do List, "Get off me. I do what I want!" So I will accomplish the things that interest me and the rest, well . . . the rest just won't get done. And I'm preeeettty sure the world will not stop spinning because of it.

I have already cleaned my bathroom and organized the girls hair products. Sheesh. Girls are complicated. Hair bows, hairbands, hair oil, hair lotion, detangler, picks, combs, barrettes. OMg. That is ridiculous. There are more impressive needs than organizing hair products on my to do list, but I wanted to organize hair products. So I did it. Because today, I do what I want.

I might clean the house. I might not.

I might get a pedicure. Actually, I WILL get a pedicure.

Who knows what this day will bring? It's wide open people. Go crazy.


Who


am


I


kidding?



We all know I'm gonna tackle that to-do list like it's a chocolate donut on legs.

All that to say, I will do what I want. And what I want is to FINALLY get myself organized so I'm not always sitting around thinking, "I should hang pictures, I should move that bookshelf, I should organize those drawers, I should rearrange the dining room, I should finish the girl's bedroom." Blah, blah, blah.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! have I told you lately that I love you? :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I look forward to hearing from you.