Day 94: When I Think About Them

When I think about them leaving, it makes my heart hurt.

When I think about them living, I am overjoyed that they will have parents who adore them.

When I think about them leaving, I feel sad and anxious and overwhelmed with emotion.

When I think about them living, I am filled with hope and excitement and thankfulness.

When I think about them leaving, I think about their empty little cribs and unread books lying in the basket in their room.

When I think about them living, I picture their sweet little room and the bookshelf that was first handpainted by their mama, then filled with books she will someday read to them.

When I think about them leaving, I ache with loneliness.

But with I think about them living, I know that each precious day will be filled with every moment of love and laughter and joy that God intended for them.

All that to say, I will think about them living, because thinking about them leaving sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. I look forward to hearing from you.