Day 90: I Miss Him

I miss God. I tried to couch that sentence in the midst of a story about other times when I missed Mike, and why I missed him, and how that relates to me missing God, but then I thought, "forget all that fancy writing crap, just say it." I miss God.

I have this deep longing inside me right now for Him. Like I just want to crawl up in His lap, lay my head on His shoulder, and cry my eyes out. And then He would wrap His arms around me, pat my head, and tell me how much He loves me. And then I would feel comforted.

But right now, I feel distant. This is not His fault. It's mine. I have distanced myself. My prayers have been pleas of insanity. My "time alone" with Him has been hurried and frenetic. My heart has been otherwise engaged.

And now, I am lonely. And I miss Him. But I am comforted by this promise, "Ask and it shall be given to you. Seek and you will find. Knock and the door will be opened to you."

All that to say, "Lord, I need you. I miss you."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. I look forward to hearing from you.