Rough Start

Today I had to be at work early for an early meeting. I decided to stop and pick up some kolaches for my team. For my non-Texan friends, kolaches are this food typically sold at donut shops. They are some sort of meat (I go for the little smokie sausages with cheese) wrapped in fresh baked bread. Very yummy. Anyway, I placed my order in the drive-thru, paid, and then realized they had given me SAUSAGE and cheese kolaches, not little smokie sausages and cheese . . . BIG DIFFERENCE. So, I politely (no really!) tell the guy he gave me the wrong thing and he told me, "I gave you what you ordered." So much for the customer always being right.

Then, I leave that place (with the correct food . . . HA! The customer prevails!) and turn onto the feeder road to get onto the interstate. Well, the woman behind me turns really wide and zooms over into the on ramp lane. I put on my turn signal and speed up to get over into the on ramp lane as well. She Speeds Up. I go faster. She Goes FASTER. I GO FASTER. SHE GOES FASTER! By this point, she is going like 60 to keep me from getting into the on ramp lane. Keep in mind, she made an illegal turn to get into the lane she is trying to keep me out of!! So I step on my breaks, slow down to window level with her and am yelling (sorry . . . seriously glad I didn't have a Jesus fish on my car) at her saying, "Are you seriously going to ignore the fact that I have on my turn signal, and speed up to 60mph just to keep me from getting on the interstate? What is that gonna cost you, like 2 seconds?" She sheepishly grins, and waves me over. I get over feeling totally vindicated. Right Prevails again. (Okay, maybe not right, but score one for little cars). Anyway, I realize that she is still behind me as I am exiting the freeway. She is still behind me as I turn onto my destination street. She is still behind me as I turn toward my church parking lot (oops). It's a bit embarrassing to get mad at someone in your car and then have to face them in a parking lot. It was a rough start to my Monday for sure.

All that to say, I learned two things today. Avoid the drive-thru. It isn't faster. And, don't have road rage. It just doesn't help anything.

1 comment:

  1. I am peeing my pants right now...This is soooo something that would happen to me. I am glad you did not cuss at her (like I probably would have) while blasting worship music at the same time...or that would have made you a total loser! :) Have not laughed this hard at a blog in a while. (I am not fond of having to change my "unders" because of a blog entry!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I look forward to hearing from you.