Broken and Junk

I am still broken. My arm that is. Well, sort of. I went back to the doc today, fully expecting to get my brace off and be set free to live a life unencumbered by velco and straps and hard plastic. (That sounds weird.) But no.

Instead, I didn't pass my x-ray test. Seems my bones didn't feel like growing this month. So, it's another month in the brace. (Lot-t-t-s of thoughts running through my head right here.) And, I got a whopping shot of steroids right into my shoulder. (More thoughts) John said, "There goes your pitching career." Such compassion.

Then, ole Doc Price (he's not really old) told me if I don't grow some bone in the next four weeks then he's gonna put me under, suck some bone marrow out of my hip and squirt it all up in my arm (lot-t-t-s more thoughts running through my head.).

And did I mention the shocky thingy? Yeah, I'm getting one of those too. They are going to put one on my arm and "stimulate" the bone to grow. Doesn't that sound fun? So to recap: Still held hostage by the brace $269, shot of hell in the shoulder $850, giant needle going in my hip bone $12,000, awaiting shock treatment on my arm, priceless. Just priceless

All that to say, I am still broken and junk. But my coworkers bought me a white chocolate macadamia nut cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory. It was supposed to be for my "coming out" party. But instead, we just ate it like comfort food. It was good. Shoe shopping good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. I look forward to hearing from you.