Day 135: Living It One at a Time

It's morning. That time of day when I sit and think and sip my coffee.

The girls aren't awake yet. Typically by this time of day I have awakened them, dressed them, fed them, and am loading them in the stroller to take them to school.

But this morning, they are sleeping in. I can picture them being awakened by the sun peeking in through their bedroom window that faces east. I can see that long stretch that happens as they peek their heads out from under their blankets, their little hands clenched as fists that gradually open to the day.

I wonder how many mornings we will have with them.

Will it be just a few more, or will it be forever?

Will they awaken in this home, in their beds here for the rest of their lives?

I know that God has a plan. I don't doubt that He has one, and I know that it's good. I just wish I knew what it was. But I am sure there is also purpose in my not knowing.

Each morning, each new day, is filled with God's plan for that day and I get to watch it unfold in real time. I should take some pretty great joy in that. I mean, seriously, I get to WITNESS the plan of the King, lived out, each day.

So this day, I am thinking with a new mind and looking through new eyes.

All that to say, living one day at a time. This could be a good idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. I look forward to hearing from you.