Day 44: Boogers are Gross

For those of you who don't know me really well (and perhaps for some of you who do) you may not know that I have this . . .er . . . "thing" about certain body noises.

NO, I'm not talking about those kinds of body noises!

The ones I mean are the sound a loose tooth makes when you wiggle it back and forth with your tongue. Or the sound phlegm makes in the back of someone's throat, so they have to swallow in order not to drown on it.

I also do not like boogers. I cannot stand the sound someone makes when they blow their noses. I don't want to watch them look at their hanky or tissue after they blow their noses to inspect the "goods."

In short, I'm not a fan of what comes out of your nose.

And I'm also a pretty firm believer in not eating what comes out of your nose. Also gross.

So yesterday, when Nitro picked her nose and ate it, I just about threw up. Of course I explained to her that we are ladies and ladies don't eat their boogers.

Well, Shortstack, not to be outdown by her sister, reaches up into her own nose, but alas does not find a booger to eat, so . . . YEP . . . she reaches right up her sister's nose, pulled out a booger, and ate it so fast, I didn't even have time to react.

All that to say, some days you just need to be grossed out! It kind of SHOCKS you back to reality! :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh man...that makes me gag just thinking about it...

    I was at a restaurant and ALMOST too grossed out to eat bc the guy at the table next to us kept blowing his nose...GO TO THE BATHROOM!!!

    I am right there with you ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I look forward to hearing from you.