Day 36: I Get to Live This Life

There are days that I am truly overwhelmed by my life. For any number of reasons. I could make a list in fact, but the list would just overwhelm me all over again.

And at the end of the day, should I be listing the things in my life that are overwhelming?

I have learned that counting the negative only puts you in the hole, emotionally, physically and spiritually.

And I have learned that dwelling on the what ifs tends to lead me down a path of tremendous worry.

Living in the moment is so much better. Because if this moment isn't great, there's another moment just around the corner and it might be incredible.

Case in point, last night, one of two tempermental two year olds who live in my house had a fit because she suddenly decided she wanted juice instead of water (though she had already consumed half of her drink). I guess maybe it just suddenly dawned on her that I had given her water and maybe she felt duped. Who knows? She's two.

So she melted down. I gave her a pep talk or two, tried to playfully encourage her out of her tantrum, tried offering time out as an option to pull herself together, but it wasn't happening.

My choice? I chose to go run bath water, fill it full of bubbles, strip down said screaming two year old and toss her (not literally, though I considered it!) into the water.

The result was this photo.




From the pit to the mountain. In a moment.


All that to say, I get to live this life. And I get to live it moment by moment.

"Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes." Matthew 6:34 MSG

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I loved the picture before, but I love it all the more now that I know the story. Oh to have my attitude reversed by distraction like a child!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I look forward to hearing from you.