God Teaches Like a Preschool Teacher

I used to think that God spoke to me in puzzles and riddles, which seemed awfully unfair, because if His message was so important, why didn't He just come right out with it? Why didn't He "plain speak" it?

But recently I have come to notice that God teaches like a Preschool Teacher. He repeats the same message to me over and over and over and over and over, each time in a new and different way, so that at some point the message hits me and sinks in.

All that to say, repetition is a beautiful gift.

1 comment:

  1. G. K. Chesterton once wrote that a child keeps saying, "Do it again!" not out of a lack of vitality but because of an abundance of it which keeps the child from becoming tired of the same thing. Chesterton farther speculated that the reason the sun comes up each morning is that God hasn't yet gotten tired of saying, "Do it again!" to the heavens.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I look forward to hearing from you.