Free

Hi, I'm Carol, and I'm a control freak. Isn't admitting it like half the battle? If only that were true. I think I have known this about myself for quite some time now. Periodically I try to address it, but find that I am pretty good at seeing this as a strength and not a weakness.

But I am a control freak. I want everything to be great, at all times, and when things aren't great, I try to "fix" them, usually to my demise. You'd think my lack of success in this area would change me, but alas, I have been undaunted in my pursuit of controlling my life.

Yesterday, all throughout the day, really starting from early in the wee dark hours of the morning, this scripture started rolling through my mind. "It is for freedom that I have set you free."

I used to think this scripture meant that I have been freed from the wages of sin. And maybe it does. Maybe it does mean I have been freed from hell. And maybe it means I have been freed from the bondage of sin.

But yesterday, to me, it meant that I am free, and that if I can only release my control, my white-knuckled, tight-fisted control on my life and the details of it, I can walk in freedom. So I did. I released the things that were worrisome. I released the things that I can't control. I released the things I can control. And I felt free.

All that to say, it is indeed for freedom that we have been set free. Walking in freedom, unburdened by the events of yesterday or what tomorrow will bring, unburdened by what I think I have to control today . . . it feels good people.

1 comment:

  1. Hey carol!!

    just wanted to say i'm still reading your blog all the time, you make me laugh! can't wait to see you in a few months!! yay!!! ok bye!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I look forward to hearing from you.