As I am working through this "refining" that God is doing in me right now, I am really thinking about how easily we can live in bondage; maybe more even how we (I) can choose to live in bondage so easily. On my way to work, this song came on the radio.

Who are we that You would be mindful of us?
What do You see that's worth looking our way?
We are free in ways that we never should be.
Sweet release from the grip of these chains.

Like hinges straining from the weight,
my heart no longer can keep from singing,
All that is within me cries for You alone be glorified
Emmanuel God with us.

My heart sings a brand new song,
the debt is paid these chains are gone
Emmanuel God with us.

Lord You know our hearts don't deserve Your glory
Still You show a love we cannot afford

Certain words in this song just really weighed in, but most specifically "Sweet relief, from the grip of these chains."

All that to say, who am I that You, oh Lord, would be mindful of me? All that is within me cries for you alone to be glorified.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. I look forward to hearing from you.