With Thanksgiving

I was sitting in the bathroom this morning at 4:00 a.m. because I couldn't sleep. I guess that's a weird place to go. There was a perfectly nice living room with a couch in it just one room over, but for some reason, the bathroom felt better. Maybe smaller, more cocoon like. I feel like I need to be in a cocoon.

Do you ever just get tired of the drama of life. It is so draining. So tiring. So . . . dramatic.

As I sat in the bathroom, crying and pouring my heart out to God, I said, "Lord, I am so anxious. My heart is so anxious. Would you please give me wisdom?" And instantly, INSTANTLY, He spoke to me. He said, "Be careful (anxious) for nothing, but in everything, by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving , let your requests be made known unto God." (Oddly enough, God speaks in King James.)

So I let my requests be made known unto God. And I didn't feel less anxious. But as I was thinking about that verse from Philippians, I realized I was missing a word . . . thanksgiving. With thanksgiving, let your requests be made known . . . hmmm

All that to say, I am perplexed. I don't know how to throw my anxious heart up to God, AND be thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. I look forward to hearing from you.