Randomly Righting (That's Not a Typo)

I wish that the "start of day" took longer. I like to ease into my day, which can only happen in one of two ways. Either, I have to get up really early, or I have to have no place to go for a while after I get up. Probably neither of those is going to happen on a regular basis, so I just need the "start of day" to have more time to happen within my schedule.

My least favorite thing, well . . . that's not true . . . I have many least favorite things . . . but something I do not enjoy is happening even as I write this. I am looking at the clock on my computer, which by the way is still set on Atlanta time, and it is telling me to hurry up. It is saying, 'Hey CAROL! Your wet hair is still in a towel, you still have your robe on, there isn't a dot of make-up on your face. Get movin' Missy!' (Clocks say that kind of stuff to me all the time, and worse.)

My push back to the clock is that I haven't even read my Bible or written in my journal, or lingered over my thoughts. So SURELY there must be more time. But there isn't. WHY isn't there ever enough time in the morning? I need a solution to this. I have tried many things. I have tried washing and blowdrying my hair at night. That doesn't really work because I get TERRIBLE bed head. I've tried lots of other "solutions" but I don't have time to write about them because I gotta get going.

All that to say, this is a random post and I don't even know why I wrote it. But it made me smile the whole time I was typing. So I guess that's a good enough reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. I look forward to hearing from you.