I Confess My Hope

I am not feeling clever today. I am feeling overwhelmed, but even that comes and goes. This morning I couldn't open a travel coffee mug. It was on seriously tight. I took it over to Jacob to open and he easily took the lid off of it and then replied, "Come on Mom. My nerves are dying and I could get the lid off. What's your problem?" That made me laugh. Which made me think I was losing my mind that I would laugh at that.

I am really trying not to make leaps. I'm trying not to research diseases online. I'm trying not to freak out! Last night we sang this song. For some reason, I took the greatest comfort in these words.

I confess my hope
In the light of Your salvation
Where I lose myself
I will find You're all I need

Sing my soul of the Savior's love
Sing my soul Unto God alone

I will meet You here
In the life we call surrender
Let the world I know
Be the glory of Your grace

You alone are God
You alone are God
We declare the glory of Your name

All that to say, this life we call surrender is not easy. But in the midst of that is the greatest comfort I will find. Knowing that someone bigger than me is in control of all of this . . . there is truth in that. And where truth is, the spirit of the Lord is. And where the spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. I look forward to hearing from you.