I Even Miss Cash Cab

My husband is coming to see me tomorrow. He lives in Georgia and I live in Texas. If this is your first time on this blog, I took a job here in Texas 6 months ago, thinking he was following me in a few weeks or so. But seems God had other plans. Anyway, he's coming here tomorrow and I am so happy.

Today in our staff prayer and worship time at WoodsEdge Community Church, we sang a song by Kari Jobe. The words were"I want to sit at your feet; drink from the cup in your hand; lay back against you and breathe; feel your heart beat; this love is so deep, it's more than I can stand; I melt in your peace, it's overwhelming." Even though I know this song was about God, it really expresses how much I miss my husband. And I guess because God told Mike that he was to me as Christ is to the church, then it's okay for me to think of Mike when I sing this song.

I miss him. I miss the feeling of him in the house. The weight of him in our bed. I miss his voice and the way he calls my name when he's mad at me. I miss sitting next to him and I even miss watching Cash Cab or insane reruns of Law and Order. I want to lay back against him and breathe and feel his heart beat. I love him deeply and cannot fathom my life without him in it. I do melt in his peace, the strength of who he his.

All that to say, I might be out of touch for the next few days. You won't see me online. I have better things to do. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for husband time! Thanks for taking time out on Tuesday night to minister to us gals! It was a good night, despite the corny video of the random girl dramatically knocking down styrofoam bricks. xoxo Jana

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would have been totally cooler if she had judo chopped one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I look forward to hearing from you.