Girlfriends

Tonight I hung out with some girlfriends. We ate junk (cheese pizza, extra thick crust, ranch dressing and COKE). We drank coffee at 10:30 p.m. Of course, I am much older than them, so I will be up all night peeing, but then again, they both have babies, so they'll be up all night for other reasons. We just had such a good time. We made fun of each other over stupid stuff, (like for example, Caroline can't type. ) We thought that was funny. I mean, she's a girl! Didn't we all take typing in high school? We talked about our husbands (guess whose husband has ashy knees?) and about our kids being strong-willed and brilliant.

We pretty much talked about every aspect of our lives. How we wished we prayed with our husbands more, how much we thought of our friends (like Shauna's mad photography skills). How it was easier to buy more underwear than to do laundry. We worked on camp stuff and laughed some more and typed, read, re-read and finally convinced Kelly it was safe to press send on the crew email. I gave out parenting advice. Not that I'm an expert, but Kelly and Caroline seem impressed with my wisdom. HAH! That is funny.

We said that next week Traci needed to come no matter how much schoolwork she has. Traci!

All that to say, it is so much fun to be a girl and have girlfriends. They are like a sweet precious gift straight from heaven. Even if they do tell you your butt is big and you should lay off the donuts.

2 comments:

  1. Since Traci didn't even know this went on, she would never know to come (not that she's ever been invited btw). But I'm not bitter. I guess I'm just not the girlfriend type. I actually got some sleep last night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish i lived closer so that i could come hang with you and your girlfriends! tell them all that i said hello! can't wait to see you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I look forward to hearing from you.