He's Gone

Mike left today. He was here for 8 whole days. It was a great 8 days. One of my favorite moments was one day when Mike was working on his computer. He was singing along to some random 80's song. Two things you should know about Mike. One, he really loves old Rock. 70's, 80's rock. And two, he cannot carry a tune in a bucket. He has a completely monotone singing voice. And the one tone that he sings in, is never in the key that the song is in. But something about listening to him sing was so sweet that day.

Someone asked me today where we went to eat while he was here. We went no where really. We went to some local restaurants. We didn't go out to a movie because there was nothing we reallyl wanted to see. We didn't do anything that was really "noteworthy."

Except last Wednesday night. We celebrated communion together. That was exceptional. We prayed together. He sang in his offkey voice. He cried when he served me my bread and wine (grape juice). I cried too. It was a great night.

But he's gone. Back to Atlanta. Hopefully our house will sell soon. It's been 6 months now. All that to say, I'm pretty sick of this. I don't want to move back. I still believe this is what God has for us. I'm trusting Him. I'm just ready for it to be over.

1 comment:

  1. i hear the pain in your heart. i know that you are missing mike so bad. i am so happy for you that you had such a great time together. i can't wait to see you in one week!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I look forward to hearing from you.