Dragging Myself Up

I went back to the orthopedist. It's been two months since I broke my arm. The first month was not so great. No bone growth. So much pain. I seriously thought I would never get off the drugs for the pain. But another month passed. And yeah! My bones are growing, finally!!

That is the good news. The bad news is kinda two-fold. One part is that I still have to wear my robocop brace. For another MONTH! The second part is that because I am healing, I get to start physical therapy. Well, sort of physical therapy. I have this pulley contraption thing that hooks over the door. It has two handles. I hold one handle in my broken arm hand, and pull on the other handle with my good arm.

I literally am dragging my arm up over my head. It hurts like heck. But I do want to get well, and I do want to be able to do things for myself again, so I have to bear the pain, if I want to get back to normal.

All that to say, I'm healing. Slowly. But healing. And I am grateful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. I look forward to hearing from you.