Happy Birthday to Me

Yes, that is correct. It is my birthday, and in honor of my birthday, I decided to break my blogging hiatus. I have really been wanting to blog about Barack Obama and the rumor that he is the antichrist, but I will save that for later. Instead, today, I am blogging about my favorite subject, me. (I'm still working on that humility thing apparently).

So, in my lifetime a lot has happened. A LOT! Some good, some great, some not so good, some terrible! Where to start, where to start. Let's see, I think I will start in the "strange but true" category.
  1. (Many of you already know this) but I once held the bloody stump of a man's arm that I tripped over in a field across the street from my house.
  2. I tried out to be a cheerleader three times and never made it. But I did make it to the dance squad, which is very funny because the reason I didn't make cheerleading is because they didn't think I had the coordination for it. HA!
  3. I once won a disco dance contest.
  4. I was on my high school golf team.
  5. I was a championship roller dancer.
  6. I graduated from college in my thirties with a freaking awesome GPA.
  7. I was a PTA President.
  8. I was fired from my job once. I did not like that experience but I did learn a lot from it.
  9. I have held the following jobs: receptionist, cashier and manager at a movie theater, counselor at a Jewish day camp, secretary, purchasing agent, accounts receivable clerk, office manager, real estate agent, Mother's Day Out director, substitute teacher, web designer, teacher, telephone magazine sales (that was a fun one), Pastor, stall mucker. (Apparently I can't keep a job either. HA!)
  10. I hate mushrooms, cucumbers and okra.
  11. I love snap dragons. They are so beautiful.
  12. I am an avid reader. I love historical fiction. And books that come in series. (that might be part laziness because then I don't have to think about the next book I will read!)
  13. I often have night terrors where I scream in my sleep. Who knows why? Last night I dreamed I was being held hostage, but was released when a nuclear disaster happened. When I finally found my way back to my family, I hugged my husband and said, "I made an A on my final" and then I woke up. I'm weird.

All that to say, I like my life. Sometimes it is crap. (Can I say crap?) But most of the time, it is pretty great. I have great friends. I have a great family. I have a great job. I have great hair (today), great eyes and a great butt (or so my husband says). I have a great life. So, starting today, in honor of the anniversary of my 29th birthday, I am going to live it greatly.

5 comments:

  1. have i mentioned that i think you are awesome and i am so glad that we are friends (even if we never get to see each other). happy 29th birthday to you mu friend and i will see you in a few weeks!yipee!!!!
    love ya..me

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did I remove my earlier post? Don't know how I did that. Anyway, Happy Birthday Carol! You are awesome.

    What is a "stall mucker"?

    ReplyDelete
  4. A stall mucker is someone who cleans out horse stalls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's a whole lot of greatness i say! i am glad you were born!! also, i did not know about said stump of an arm...i'm not sure that i want to, though...
    (ps, i like your butt, as well...too far?)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I look forward to hearing from you.