Don't Like My Butt and I Cannot Lie

If you didn't guess by the title, this is going to be a blog of self-loathing, sort of. I really have never been one to self-loathe. I've never been one to stand in the mirror and lament the shape of my nose, or wish that I had thicker eyelashes. I've never chosen clothing based on what would make my butt look smaller (which is obvious based on some home videos I have watched!) I haven't avoided sleeveless shirts so that no one would notice my wingflaps. I just haven't done it.

Now trust me, I have had more than my share of "fat days." But all in all, I'd say I've always had a fairly good body image.

I'd love to say it is because I have a tremendous sense of self-confidence, but if you know me at all, you know THAT isn't true. I tend to over compensate for my lack of self-confidence with extreme over achieving, so I have my issues.

But for the past few days, I have really just not liked myself. I am miserable when I get dressed in the morning. If I didn't have someplace to go, I would probably just stay in my pajamas. The prospect of getting dressing is somewhat emotionally challenging. I went clothes shopping yesterday, to add to my torture, and nothing looked good. NOTHING. What's totally weird is that I have lost 10 pounds recently, so things should be looser, right?

On top of that, I hate looking in the mirror. Everything seems droopier. My hair, my eyelids, my lips, my bobbly bits (okay, they've been droopier for a long time!). Just in general I'm droopy. Even my personality is droopy. I do not like this poor body image thing at all. How do people live like this all the time?

All that to say, I need someone to play the part of Cher, slap me, and say, "Snap out of it." Or, I need someone to tell clothes designers to remember that some of us are women. :)

1 comment:

  1. usually i chalk those feelings up to some kind of emotional time of the month...or year...it's easier to blame feeling crazy on your body chemicals than actuality...
    all that to say (see what i did there?) you are hott, with an intentional two ts...and, if you need help with crazy excuses for eating icecream and such, just holler at me...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I look forward to hearing from you.