Silly Things I Do

This morning, I woke up at 6:00 a.m., pretty much like every morning. I rolled over, looked at Mike, and noticed that he was still breathing softly, eyes closed, apparently still in a deep sleep. Excitedly, I jumped out of bed and got in the shower. I did not do this because I was SOOOOOO excited about starting my day. I did this because I knew that if I got in the shower first, then HE would have to do the squigeeing when he got out of the shower. That's our deal. The last person to shower in the morning has to squigee the shower.

Now, let's analyze that for a second. I forsake (gave up) sleeping in (staying in bed for at least 20 more minutes, maybe 30), just so that I would not have to spend 15 SECONDS squigeeing the shower. How stupid is that? That is lazy whittled to a fine point.

Truthfully, I laughed at myself when I thought about this, and realized I do tons of other things like that. Things that cost me a ton of time, just in an effort to avoid a little work. For example, I will let the dishes stack UP in the sink, and I mean STACK UP just because I don't want to take the 2 minutes it will take me to unload the dishwasher. Plus, when the dishes stack up, the food dries on them, the kitchen gets smelly, I end up handwashing things like forks or spoons. All for the 2 minutes I save by not having to unload the dishwasher. Again, lazy.

Another one? I let junk pile up in my car, because it will take me a few more seconds (like maybe 2 or 3 SECONDS) to get the junk out of my car before I go in my house. So pretty soon, I have a car full of junk. . . half drank fast food drinks, empty bags, crumpled up napkins, books from work, receipts, spare shoes, gym clothes. You get the idea. So, in the end, I have to take 20 or 30 minutes to clean out my car, sort through all the junk, put it all away, and then freshen the interior of my car. More laziness.

All that to say, I think I might be lazy, or at the very least disorganized. Nah. It's lazy. What about you? You know you do something like this too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. I look forward to hearing from you.