I Wish I Was Joking

It was a beautiful day today in Texas. The weather was warm, but not miserably hot and humid as it typically is. The skies were blue, and the few clouds that were there, were light and puffy, and very, very white. So I chose to wear my new plaid cloth sandals. (very cute, J. Crew, on sale!)

As I went to the hospital to see the newest baby born to our church family, the skies started turning a little bit gray. And as I was in the hospital visiting, the once billowy white clouds turned a menacing black. Quickly I prayed over the new baby and said my goodbyes. I made it to the truck before the rain started. By the time I arrived at my destination though, it was pouring buckets, or torrents, or sheets of rain, or whatever means a helluva lot of rain to you. My friend Cathy Wolfe used to say, "Man it was a frog choker, I mean a real trash mover." Anyway, it was raining hard. And they were big BIG drops of rain.

When I got into the parking lot of my office, Cindy jumped out of the truck and ran to her car to get us two umbrellas. I was very grateful that I would not be getting soaked. As I walked quickly to my office, covered by Cindy's umbrella, I noticed that my new shoes were getting soaked. But at least the rest of me would be dry. Then suddenly, I realized that my . . .um . . . "backside" was getting wet. I could not figure out how this was possible, as I had an umbrella over my head.

Sadly, I realized it was because my bootayyy was sticking out of the umbrella's area of coverage. The rest of me was tucked nicely under the umbrella. But the apple bottom jeans were definitely out in the rain, if you know what I mean.

All that to say, my butt got soaked. While this would probably bother most women, and probably should have bothered me, I got a pretty good laugh at the fact that my butt would not fit under the umbrella.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a turd-floater to me!

    (My grandpa always called it that when it rained real hard...)

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I look forward to hearing from you.