Day 6: Live It

I was praying the other day and felt like God was saying to me, "Carol, you live a defeated life."

WHAT? I do not.

But there it was, straight from the One who would know for sure.

"Carol, you live a defeated life."

What in the world does that mean? I actually asked that question, perhaps even with a bit of an attitude. "Lord, what in the world does that mean? I read your Word, I meditate on it day and night. I try to love others as you would have me to love them. I tithe. I tell others about you. I mean, what else do I need to do?"

His response, "Oh, I didn't say you don't live a disciplined life, I said you live a defeated life."

Hmmmmm.

Here's the revelation in that. I am always looking for what is going to go wrong (or maybe even what already IS wrong.) And I focus on that. Sometimes, I feel like I even WILL it into existence. And by focus, I mean I DWELL in it. I LIVE in it. I do, indeed, live a defeated life.

Here's the advice from His Word. "And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the WILL OF GOD is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect." Romans 12:2Oh. That's what a victorious life looks like. I want to live that life. A victorious life. Not a defeated life.

All that to say, I have decided, I have resolved to wait upon you Lord. To live and prove YOUR WILL. To live Victoriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. I look forward to hearing from you.