Day 105: God Looks Like Morgan Freeman

Yesterday, as a part of a meeting I was in, we were asked, "Imagine that you are 85, near the end of your life, what does your relationship with God look like?"

Here is what came to my mind.

"I'm sitting on the porch of a cabin overlooking a lake. God is sitting next to me (and strangely he looks a lot like Morgan Freeman). We sit in silence for a long period of time because we have grown comfortable in that silence, having spent many hours together like that over the years. We are so connected, our hearts are so enmeshed, that it is undiscernable as to where His heart stops and my heart begins.

At times, when we are not together on the porch, I feel such a deep longing for His presence, that the feeling is almost palpable. I cannot be absent from Him, I cannot wander off the porch without feeling the loss.

On the occasion that words pass between us, God speaks to me of His pleasure with me. He says, 'Carol, you lived your life well. You loved people and loved the things that I loved. You let my glory shine and were content not to try to be the one glorified. I am pleased with you Carol and the legacy you are leaving for your children and grandchildren and great-grandchildren.'"

Quite a vision. The follow up question was, "What needs to change in your life for THAT to become a reality?"

All that to say, I have a long way to go. Thank goodness I'm not even close to 85.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. I look forward to hearing from you.