Perfectly Flawed and Wonderful

Maybe I'm the only one that suffers with this. But somewhere in my dna code, there is this "perfect family" gene. And it tries to click on all the time. But my family is not perfect. In fact, if anything, we are perfectly flawed. Sometimes we are moody. Sometimes we are not nice to each other. Sometimes we don't respect one another. Sometimes we think more highly of ourselves than we do of one another.

Sometimes we fight over stupid things. Sometimes we criticize each other. Sometimes we don't love one another well. Sometimes we say senseless mean things to one another. Sometimes we are sarcastic and laugh at one another's expense. Sometimes we point out one another's shortcomings. Sometimes we are not patient with one another. Sometimes we think unkind thoughts.

But sometimes, and these are the best times, everything aligns itself in the universe and we get it right. We love one another, with a I Corinthians 13 kind of love. Actually, we get it right way more often than we get it wrong. I might be partial, but I think I may have the best family ever.

My husband adores me. He makes me feel like I am the most beautiful woman in the world (which I categorically know not to be true), but nonetheless, he makes me feel that way. He is so protective of me. He puts my needs before his own. Even when it comes to our vocations and where we live. He is jealous of my time and wants me all to himself (a quality I don't always appreciate as much as I should!)

My sons are incredible young men. They are funny and make me laugh ALL the time. They can have entire conversations that exist soley of movie quotes (which is not a marketable talent, but one that I enjoy immensely). It has been so amazing to get to be a part of watching them grow into young men that love Jesus and love others. I am so fortunate to get to be their mom, and even more fortunate that they talk to me and share their lives with me.

All that to say, I guess my family IS perfect. To me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. I look forward to hearing from you.