Why Do People Blog

I remember the first time I was asked that question. Why do people blog? I asked it myself many, many times. Why in the world would you put all your private junk out there for the world to read? I think back to my first diary, the pink one with the cute little key that locked it securely, and I remember the lengths to which I went to hide that thing. It seems crazy to me now to"dear diary" my thoughts in such a public way. But I'm doing it.

I have a friend who journals every year, but at the end of the year she burns her journals, because she wonders what it would be like if she died and someone were to read them. It's not like she is some kind of wacko. I'm sure she journals all the stuff we normal people journal . . . fears, aimless thoughts, people she's pissed at, the fight she had with her husband, the random grocery store encounter, prayers . . . the usual journal stuff. So there's her, burning her journals, and then there's me, blogging.

All that to say, I find this therapeutic. Laying it all out there. Saying with great abandon, "Here I am."

3 comments:

  1. i like "all that to say". good title.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are amazing. you are honest and do not play games. i respect that about you. and did i mention that i miss you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I love about this is your title,"All that to say" because I can remember you saying that during our conversations in the past! :) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I look forward to hearing from you.