How'd I Get So Busy?

Sleeping is not something I am doing well these days with my broken arm. If anyone has ever broken their arm, and knows of a good way to sleep so that you don't wake up feeling like you either swam the English Channel or got the crap kicked out of you in your sleep, please post and let me know. I'm desperate!!

This morning, I awakened about 3:15 a.m. because of my inability to sleep (see above) and the thoughts of the day's to do list was running through my head. Seriously, at 3:15 a.m. on a Saturday! No one should have a to do list on a Saturday. Well . . . I guess that's a stupid thing to say because most people probably save a good majority of their "to dos" FOR Saturday.

Anyway, it is now 10:20 a.m. I have washed two loads of clothes, gone to the bank, gone to the post office and am now sitting in my office waiting for 40 5th and 6th graders to show up for CREW CAMP where they will learn how to lead worship in kid's church. It will be a fun day. I'm sure it would be more fun if the vicadyn I take at night was something I could take during the day. But it isn't. So, bring em on!

It's only 10:20. I still need to get my nails done, get my hair done (you gotta look good when you feel bad) finish my laundry, buy groceries, and call all of my parents and parent in law. I'd love to take in a movie, but that probably won't happen because I'm too busy. Oh, and it would be awesome if I could figure out a way to drop 20 pounds today too, otherwise I'm going to have to add "buy new clothes" to the list.

How did I get so busy? I just moved here. I swore I would not fill up my days and nights and weekends. But I have. I wonder how to get un-busy? A broken arm didn't do it.

I bet God just sits up in heaven and shakes His head at me and says, "Sabbath? Remember that one?" All that to say, maybe I would sleep better (even with a broken arm) if I lived a more restful life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. I look forward to hearing from you.