I Wish I Was Making This Up

Today I had a lymphatic massage. I was skeptical. I'm not gonna lie. And Sharon, if you're reading this, don't take it personally, the massage was amazing. But here is the basic premise. I have a broken arm. Anytime you are broken or injured (torn muscle, sprained ankle, etc.) lymphatic fluids build up in that area causing swelling. So, back to the lymphatic massage.

This woman from my church is massage therapist (Sharon) and she tells me about this massage technique that will reduce the swelling in my broken arm. (It's been broken for almost 6 weeks, so you'd think the swelling would be gone, but not so.) So, I go in and she tells me that what she is going to do is massage my clavicle and my forearm and elbow, pushing (basically) the lymphatic fluids toward my armpit so they can be sweated out through the lymph glands located there.

Again, I was skeptical. But in the midst of the massage, I can start to feel, yes FEEL the fluids moving. My fingers started tingling and suddenly I could move my arm in ways I haven't been able to since I broke it. How crazy is that?

All that to say, I guess I shouldn't be surprised that God would make our body in such a way that something as seemingly insignificant as lymphatic fluids could be so cool. And, I would also like to say, I am a fan of lymphatic massage. But I probably won't be talking about it over dinner. It sounds gross.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. I look forward to hearing from you.