Day 24: Continually

I can't get the scene out of my head. The picture of King Darius from Daniel in the Lion's Den (Daniel, Chapter 6, The Bible).

Darius sentenced Daniel to die in the Lion's Den. It wasn't that he wanted to sentence him to die. He had to. It was the law. And though he worked out a million scenarios in his head, he could not think of a way to rescue Daniel. He had but one hope. To trust the living God of Daniel.

I can picture him up early that morning. Before the dawn. The darkness of the morning reflecting the condition of his heavy, heavy heart. I can feel the weight of his sorrow. Really, dare he hope for any outcome other than what logic and reason would dictate?

And then, as he approached the doors of that den, he asked, "Daniel, servant of the living God, has your God whom you serve continually, been able to rescue you?"

This story is really rocking my world lately. Here is this King, who had no relationship with God, (the God that Daniel served and the God that I serve), and yet he had hope in him.

How often do I place my hope in logic and reason? Too often. Far too often.

I think about that sentence that Darius asked Daniel. "Has your God whom you serve continually, been able to rescue you?"

All that to say, yes, YES, a million times yes. He has. Continually.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. I look forward to hearing from you.