Day 69: A New Journey

Today was our first full day with "the girls" as we now affectionately call them. I cannot post their real names anyway, so we will just call them "the girls."

It's been a long time since I parented toddlers. I had forgotten how fast they are, and how quickly they can be into something they shouldn't get into! My, am I tired!

They went to bed last night at around 9:30 (way past their bedtime from what I understand)and for the most part they slept all night. Baby Girl S did wake up at 4:00 a.m. and threw herself a little jumping party in her bed, complete with squeals of delight. Fortunately, Baby Girl N is a SOUND sleeper and did not wake up. Not so fortunately, I am NOT a sound sleeper, so I was awake until about 5:00 a.m. She finally fell back to sleep, but woke up again at 6:10 crying for a drier diaper.

From there, the day became a whirlwind of activity, complete with doctor's appointments, a shopping trip to Target (they need clothes . . . they didn't even have jammies) and an excursion into the backyard for a little running around and scaring our 6 month old puppy!

I know this, I am not ready for a solo outing yet! If it hadn't been for Zack and Jacob helping me, I wouldn't have made it.

But it was a great day. A really great day. The girls like to "sing" to the music and they love music. Such sweet sounds. They don't say many words, but they seem to like 'Uh-Oh' and "mwah" (the sound you make when you blow a kiss).

All that to say, this is a new journey for us all. One that I am sure will exhaust us, try our patience with each other, and stretch us in huge ways. But oh so rewarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. I look forward to hearing from you.