Unbroken

Finally, after almost 8 months SERIOUSLY 8 MONTHS, my doctor has declared me unbroken! I broke my arm on January 12th. I was told then that I could expect to be in a cast for about 6 to 8 weeks. After four weeks, I had not grown one iota of new bone in my arm. My doctor told me not to be alarmed because it was a pretty bad break. I had almost broken my humerus completely in two. Plus, I had a spiral fracture in another place on the same bone.

At the end of 8 weeks, I had grown a small amount of bone. My doctor gave me options then of surgery to put in pins or to let it go for another month and hope for the best. I figured another month in a brace was way better than big ugly scars on my arm, so I decided to wait. At the end of that third month, I went in and got the news that again, my arm had not grown any bone, but my doctor didn't want to rush to surgery. Two weeks later my xrays showed significant bone growth. My doctor said I was definitely "on the mend" and he expected me to be totally healed and out of my brace in two more weeks.

I will never forget the feeling that day. I bopped on in his office, ready to show off my healed bone, get that stupid brace off, and experience complete freedom. But alas, he once again told me that I was not healed.

That night, I went to our prayer service and really believed God was telling me to take off my brace, place my hand on my own broken arm, and pray for healing. I obeyed. From that day forward, I never had another moment of pain. Two weeks later, I went to the doctor. I showed him that I had complete range of motion. I showed him that I could lift things, move it all over the place, and that it felt healed. His did his physical examination and declared that my bone felt, moved and acted healed. Woo Hoo! Then we did the xray. My bone was still very much broken and still in need of surgery. I was so confused because I really believed that God healed my bone. It felt healed. It worked healed. It moved healed. That's because it WAS healed. The xray just didn't match what God did miraculously.

It is now four months later, and the xray shows what God did months ago. I never doubted my arm's healing. Even though my doctor's tests told me otherwise. Some trust in xrays, but I trust in the name of the Lord my God.

All that to say, you can't believe everything you see. Sometimes what you see isn't what is real. Faith is the substance of things not seen.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Carol, how do I love thee let me count the ways????? I loved your comment on my page. Just when I thought you were going to say you were offended by my steep language, you instead are offended that you aren't capable of writing pointless babble like me. :) LOL LOL LOL
    I actually have been quite dilligent in reading your blog missy poooo. Yes, I heard that accusing undertone in your voice. Problem is I have been reading it from my cool new iphone and sometimes I am just too busy and in demand to take time to respond to all of your "well thought out" essays. :) Ok....I am going to bed. love you like the friend I have only ever hung out with twice!
    Shell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I look forward to hearing from you.