Bumping Into the Devil

So my friend's 10 year old son said something really profound the other day. He said, "Mom, I guess it's a good thing we bump into the devil every now and then, 'cause otherwise we wouldn't know we was walking with him." Now that might not be an exact quote, but you get the idea.

This morning I thought, what if we flipped that around. What if we said, "It's a good thing we bump into God every now and then, 'cause otherwise we wouldn't know we was walking with Him." OR what if we only bumped into God every now and then . . . OR what if we never bumped into Him?

I think sometimes I have far more accidental bumps with the devil than I have with God, but I can't really decide if that is a good thing or a bad thing. Maybe I am being way too philosophical about this. Maybe I should just be in close enough contact with God each day, so I know I am walking with Him. Then I wouldn't have to worry about that stupid old devil. But then again, anytime I am having a close daily encounter with God, the devil gets stirred up.

I read this book this week called, "The Same Kind of Different as Me." It was so incredible! The character in the book, "Denver" says "When you become important to God, you become important to the devil. You better watch your back."

Which leads me to understand why we are told to put on the FULL Armor. I am pretty good about picking up my sword, but most days, I leave the rest of it lying around.

I know I am all over the place here. I am really more thinking out loud than I am writing coherent, cohesive thoughts.


All that to say, if you let the devil ride in the backseat long enough, he's gonna wanna drive." So, I better get better at putting on all my armor.

PS - READ THAT BOOK. IT IS AN INCREDIBLE TRUE STORY ABOUT UNCONDITIONAL LOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. I look forward to hearing from you.