Seriously? Seriously.

So yesterday, I'm sitting at my desk, working diligently on something of the utmost importance, when I receive a phone call from my husband who proceeds to tell me that our washing machine has overflown into our apartment. We have lived in our little apartment going on 3 weeks now, maybe 4, and this is the third of our appliances to break. But before you start thinking we are hard on appliances, you need to know we had the same washer and dryer for over 14 years and the same refrigerator for over 20! We are definitely NOT hard on appliances.

When we first moved in, it took us over 2 hours to dry a load of clothes. Appliance #1. Then, I went to cook dinner one night, and the big burner (the other three are the small electric ones) didn't stay hot. Appliance #2. And then yesterday, the washing machine overflowed. Now when I say overflowed, I need you to understand OVERFLOWED. What happened was that as the machine was filling, the water never turned off. Even as Mike turned off the water, it kept overflowing. Well, technically flooding the place, literally overflowing across the top of the washing machine like water over a dam.

Mike had to run down to the office to tell them of the problem (keep in mind the water is still overflowing) and the office girl tells him that he needs to fill out a maintenance request. (I WISH I WAS KIDDING!) Anyway, long story short, I came home to carpet pulled up and fans everywhere. But oh, don't worry, the apartments are going to "see what they can do for us" since we've had so much trouble.

All that to say, Seriously? Seriously.

1 comment:

  1. I think you guys need to come with a disclaimer!!

    :)

    So sorry about all your troubles!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I look forward to hearing from you.