Day 64: Time

"I designed time to be a protection for you."

These are the words Sarah Young penned in her book, Jesus Calling, a book written as though God, Himself, is speaking.

I have thought about these words many times since reading them.

"I designed time to be a protection for you. You couldn't bear to see all your life at once."

I am certain that is true. If I had been able to see in advance just the life that I have lived, thus far, it would have been too much.

It is why I feel certain that we are to live in the moment. Because in this moment, in the presence of the One who created this moment, I can be free from worry, free from the thoughts that plague my mind, and free from all the "what if's" that my mind so proficiently creates.

All that to say, Time is my protection. Not my enemy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. I look forward to hearing from you.