Day 65: We Are Family


Anytime I entitle one of my posts with the name of a song, I can't help but wonder if you are singing the song that is running through my brain as I type. (Random start to a blog post).

Here's the real post.

I deeply love my family. Why? You ask. There are multiple reasons but here are my favorite things to do with my family.

1. Sit in a room and talk. You never know where the conversation will lead, but it is always sure to include the following: Zack speaking in musician talk, Jacob and I talking about running, someone getting a lecture or correcting someone else, someone making fun of someone else, someone quoting a movie, laughter. Lots and lots of laughter.

2. Play a game. We are a gaming family. We love to play games. And the BEST thing about playing games with my family is how much fun we have playing them. Our favorites are card games and trivia games. But we're pretty awesome at making up random games too. In fact, we made up a golf game in our front yard the other day that was so much fun that a random neighbor kid rode his bike up into our yard and started playing with us! And some of our games are even locally famous. Take F-No for example. It's a variation of UNO, only wayyyyy more fun. (If you haven't played it with us, you should. It's hilarious!)

3. Cook. We have a surprisingly good time cooking together. Even though most of us are not what I would call great cooks. I think it might be the talking and laughter that I enjoy.

4. Family Celebrations. I might be biased, but I think we ROCK at family celebrations. And somehow, no matter WHAT the celebration, we can incorporate macaroni and cheese into it. (Of course, we can also work an argument into it as well, but you put enough type A's into a room and someone is BOUND to have a divergent opinion!)

I think the thing I love the most about my family is that we all really love each other. We all have different personalities, talents, hopes, dreams, interests, strengths, weaknesses (lots and lots of weaknesses). But despite all of that, we love each other fiercely.

All that to say, I just wanted to say, I. LOVE. MY. FAMILY.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. I look forward to hearing from you.