Day 66: Peace

I have had this thought for several days now.

Peace is right in front of you.

In multiple ways I have sensed that God was saying this to me.

Peace is right in front of you.

Even in my dreams, I have heard this phrase. Last night I dreamed I saw myself in a forest that was barren. Maybe it was a forest in winter, or maybe it was a forest that was dead. But a terrible strong wind came up, not a tornado, but still a fierce wind. And the wind began to break the trees and to swirl the dead limbs and sticks and twigs all around me. I felt terrified, threatened even, by all that was swirling around me, and in my terror, I did not move.

But just ahead of me, just steps ahead, was a well worn path at the edge of the forest, my way out, peace.

And I heard these words.

Peace is right in front of you.

"What does this mean?" (I said in frustration to God in my quiet time this morning.) "Quit saying this to me and show me what you mean!"

And here is what I read in my morning devotional, (Sorry, it's long)

"Trust me with all your thoughts. I know that some thoughts are unconscious or semiconscious, and I do not hold you responsible for those. But you can direct conscious thoughts much more than you may realize. Practice thinking in certain ways - trusting me, thanking Me, and those thoughts become more natural. Reject negative or sinful thoughts as soon as you become aware of them. . . this will keep your mind in My Presence and your feet on the path of Peace."

In short, a lack of peace, is a lack of trust. I find it very easy to "say" I trust God, but the lack of peace in my life that I often feel, is simply a lack of trust in God. A lack of trust in His plan, in His goodness, and in His mercy.

All that to say, Peace is right in front of me. It's the very face of God.

Psalm 20:7 says, "Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God."

1 comment:

Thank you for reading. I look forward to hearing from you.