Day 68: Life Unscripted

I haven't blogged about this day, and I don't really know why, because as far as days go, it was absolutely one of the most perfect I have had in a really long time.

Of course, any day that is a "perfect day" for me involves family. I can't imagine anything better than spending the day with my family; my husband, my sons and my daughters.

We started our day with The Woodlands 4th of July Parade. Believe it or not, in the 14 years that I have lived in The Woodlands, I have never attended the parade. But having babies in your home again makes you do crazy things! So we braved the 100 degree temperatures and the ridiculous humidity and 15,000+ people, because, well . . . we have babies in our house!


She loves firetrucks, so the parade starting with like 10 of them in a row was just about more than she could handle! Just look at that smile. She laughed, she screamed, she blew kisses to the firetrucks, she said, "bye bye truck. Love you truck."


Her sister was a little more intimidated by the sounds and crowds and was content to spend the day in her daddy's lap or arms or sitting on top of his shoulders.



We had sweet seats at the parade because "Tina" saved us seats right in front of Sweet and Sassy. (Which by the way, also included awesome air conditioned air wafting out the doors onto us all morning!)


And Jacob braved the crowds with us because he didn't want to miss his sister's first parade! (So sweet!)

After the parade, we set up the girls' swimming pool in our front yard (yes, I said our front yard!)

along with a tent (yes a tent, it was absolutely ghetto fabulous!)


and we swam, and hung out, and ate watermelon


and made homemade banana ice cream!




All that to say, it's good to enjoy life together. We didn't plan this day. It was all just kind of thrown together last minute. From the parade to the grilled hot dogs and homemade lemonade, down to the blanket in the front yard (under the tent), it was a great day. The unscripted days always seem to be the best ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. I look forward to hearing from you.