Day 83: Injustice

Last night Baby "S" fell asleep in my arms. She almost fell asleep in her high chair, which is incredibly unusual b/c she normally is quite fiesty during mealtime. But after dinner, with her cute little blue jammies on, she crawled up in my lap and went sound to sleep.

About 2 hours later, I heard this terrified scream coming from her bedroom. So I flew up the steps, (as only a mommy bent on rescue can do)and found her standing and screaming in her bed. She does this periodically and it is always so sad. Such terror in her eyes from one so young. . .

I tried to give her a bottle and put her back to bed but she was having none of it, so I took her downstairs with me and held her for a while. Within a few minutes I thought, this kid is REALLY hot. So we all searched frantically for the baby thermometer (which we had JUST used, er "I" had just used the day before for the other baby) but to no avail.

In the midst of the search, she projectile vomited undigested salsbury steak. Sorry, that's graphic, but you needed the visual. We got her all cleaned up, then me, then the carpet and doors. Gave up on the thermometer, gave her some tylenol because she was HOT and then Zack held her while I changed my clothes, etc.

Then MORE projectile vomiting. This time on Zack. But man he handled it like a champ! So tender and gentle with her. Very impressed. So more cleaning everyone and everything up.

And then she moaned, and moaned, and moaned. And I held her until she fell asleep in my arms. Finally, I laid her little body down in a makeshift crib next to my bed and I cried.

"Oh God," I asked. "How can someone so little have to live with such injustices? She's been neglected and abused and shifted from house to house to house. Her little immune system is crap. Her spirit is fragile. And now this! Please God, rescue her."

All that to say, I'm a little pissed. Well, I'm a lot pissed. I'm pissed at injustice and the enemy that twists something so beautiful as childhood. People, love your children. Love them in a way they deserve to be loved. Feed them, clothe them, give them good care (even if you have to work you can do this!) And then love them like there is no tomorrow! Say freaking NO to the enemy and his injustice. Arrgghh!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. I look forward to hearing from you.