Back Home

I don't really know how to write this without sounding like a whining baby (I was really thinking b***ch, but am working on a better vocabulary, so I went with baby). Finally, my husband is living with me again. We have been apart for 7 months. We tried to see each other once a month, and that was okay, but not great.

During our separation, I worked hard at not doing things that I know he doesn't like. Some examples . . . I didn't sleep with the ceiling fan on, though I love the sound and feel, but he hates it! I didn't leave my shoes all over the place. I cleaned the kitchen every evening. I didn't leave out my hair products, etc. You get the idea. I didn't want to do things that I knew I would have to break the habit of doing once he arrived. I did this because I knew that we would experience a time of "readjusting" to one anothers lives.

So, he's here. And well . . . it is an adjustment. Seven months is a long time. I have established a routine that didn't include him. And now he feels like he has to adjust to my routine, like he has to "fit in." And I feel like I have to change my routine to "our" routine. I used to go to work, come home, watch what I wanted on TV, (at a reasonable volume), eat something lite for dinner, soak in a hot tub or go to bed with prickly legs. Now, I go to work, but have to let someone know when I think I will leave and when I think I will get home. I do not watch whatever I want on TV and what we do watch (usually a dumb-criminals show or poker, etc.) we watch at an insane volume. I could go on, but I won't.

But, I am happy for the change.

All that to say, I am going to be changing a lot in the next few weeks. You might spend a little extra time on your knees for us. :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh Carol, I experience this every time Kent leaves. Especially the trips that are for more than a week. i whine and moan when he is getting ready to leave and then I spend the first night or two staying up until 3 in the morning so I don't have to go to bed w/o him and then...I get into MY routine. I become semi self sufficient and though I miss him, I dread the re-entry terribly. I cannot imagine 7 months of that. It scares me just to think about it. It is always bumpy getting use to each other again...even when we are dying to see each other. I will definitely keep you in my prayer...however inefficient they are right now! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I look forward to hearing from you.