Day 123: Victorious Warrior

I don't even know how to spell amok. But every time I say the word amok I think of the movie "Hocus Pocus" where Sarah Jessica Parker says, "amok, amok, amok."

That was a random entrance into a blog.

My emotions have run amok today. I feel overwhelmed and sad and a mess. I feel like I am in the middle of a freaking war, not a war that we can see with our eyes. And that makes me feel battle weary.

Last night I put the girls down for bed. Such a sweet time. Their new favorite game is where I let them "walk" up the stairs. As soon as I say the word, "nite nite" they head for the stairs with glee and wait for the signal that lets them know they can go. They think they are so big!

About an hour into bedtime, little "s" started crying. Really more like an hysterical sob. I went RUNNING up the stairs with my three broken toes only to find her sound asleep, with her head still under her blanket, crying as hard as her little body could cry. Sound Asleep. She was crying, sobbing, in her sleep.

And then her sister started banging her head on her mattress. When I say she bangs her head to fall asleep, and sometimes in her sleep, I mean she BANGS her head. It sounds a lot like what you'd imagine hammering a pillow to a wall might sound like. A dull, but decisively heavy thud.

And that made me cry. "What, oh Lord, have they lived that would cause them to cry out in their sleep?"

All day long today I have sensed this heaviness over me. A battle fatigue. They have had curse after curse spoken over them but I will speak blessings over them. I will fight this battle. And I won't be doing it alone.

Next Wednesday night, we will pray for them. If you are in my area and want to join us, let me know.

All that to say, I serve a freaking VICTORIOUS WARRIOR.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. I look forward to hearing from you.