I Have a Dream

I am a bit perturbed at the moment. I mean really, seriously, what century is this? We have elected a black man to be the President of the United States. Can we be that forward thinking and yet not be able to resist the urge to tell stupid racial jokes about what color the white house is now, or how the rose garden is going to be changed into a watermelon patch or any of the other idiotic and stupid racial slurs I have heard in the past few days?!

I am sick of people thinking that making fun of someone because of their race is really okay. It isn't. It isn't funny. And it doesn't make you look smarter. It makes you look like an idiot. So stop it. Oh, and if you work in a church and you're doing it . . . really? REALLY?! Seriously? Seriously.

All that to say, I have a dream where someday, we really will all be able to get along. And it won't matter what color our skin is, or what our religion is, or what country we were born in. We will just love one another. Because THAT is what we are supposed to do.

1 comment:

  1. remind me to tell you about a comment samuel got the other day. it was a doozy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I look forward to hearing from you.