What's on Fire?

Have you ever felt like you really just don't know what to worry about first? I feel like I am in a burning house and everyone is running around grabbing the things that need to be saved, and I am standing there screaming, "What's on fire?"

For starters, my house STILL has not sold. It has been one year. I talked to my realtor on Sunday and she told me that the market is pretty sucky and that leasing my house for 2 years might not be a bad idea. Well, we have a crap ton of equity in that house, and it selling is the only way we can purchase a house here in the motherland. Before the mortgage crisis, we could have bought a house here and paid PMI, until we sold our house and then we could have refinanced. Now they aren't letting buyers do that. Even ones with excellent credit.

Second, my son is sick. I won't go into the details, for his privacy, but he's sick and it sucks. It especially sucks because there is ABSOLUTELY nothing I can physcially do for him. nothing.

Third, we are not that many years from retirement, and we are watching the possibility of our retirement packages going down the tubes. I'm trying not to panic about that. Mike and I talked this morning, and we agreed that if we lost our retirement, that our later years will just look different than we thought they would.

I could go on, but it would only make my stomach hurt, and I am choosing to walk in truth today. The truth is that God IS in control. And even though I can't possibly fathom one iota of what is going on I can grasp the idea that God reigns supreme. My faith is all I can lean on right now, and so I will.

All that to say, I'm choosing not to sit in a burning house and looking for fire. It won't benefit me anyway. Though the earth trembles and the mountains fall into the sea, still my God reigns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. I look forward to hearing from you.