What Can Brown Do for Me?

I mentioned on my post on Tuesday that I didn't go buy a surplus of groceries, even though I have power now, because I know too many people who got power, then lost power. I don't want to go buy a bunch of groceries, then lose my power, and then lose my groceries.

I don't normally live my life from a place of fear. I have lived that way. And it was draining and awful. So I try not to live my life or make decisions about my life based on fear. HOWEVER, today a friend told me that her power got turned off yesterday and she STILL doesn't have power.

Another friend told me that the power company told her that she might be experiencing "brown outs" for weeks! BROWN OUTS!!! What is that? It sounds terrible!! Apparently it is where they pick certain grids and turn off their power for a few hours or a few days, to allow them to supply power to other grids, because APPARENTLY Hurricane Ike wiped out our ability to produce enough power for everyone. AND, people who get their power turned back on become power hogs, with everyone doing laundry, vaccuming their houses, running the A/C for 24 hours non-stop etc. (which by the way is EXACTLY what we did when our power got turned back on).

All that to say, I still have power, but I am not buying groceries, because well, quite frankly, I am worried about what BROWN will do for me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. I look forward to hearing from you.